CIE Green Cleaning Services
Here at CIE, we offer environmentally friendly green cleaning alternatives as well as incorporate a green cleaning ethos into our commercial contract cleaning and janitorial services. Our green cleaning services help businesses meet environmental standards and carbon footprint targets set by the government as well as promote a healthier working environment.
Wherever you are in the UK or across Europe, contact CIE if you need cleaning services that are kind to the environment and yet achieve exceptionally high standards. We provide green cleaning in factories and warehouses, environmentally friendly cleaning in hotels, bars and restaurants and green janitorial services in office buildings and apartment blocks.
Is Green Cleaning Important?
We hear a lot about green cleaning lately and with good reason. The green movement that promotes environmental awareness and environmentally friendly business practices has gained a lot of traction. The public is becoming generally aware that a different approach is needed to protect the natural world from further damage
With governments and local authorities around the world introducing legislation, green cleaning has become more than just a choice that responsible businesses make. It is now a legal obligation. And as the poor state of our natural world becomes clearer, green cleaning is the standard request we receive from many of our responsible commercial cleaning customers.
Here at CIE we have absorbed green cleaning into the core of our business practice and the janitorial services we offer. EU regulations require the use of cleaning products environmentally certified by the EU Ecolabel or another EN ISO 14024 type I ecolabel.
We try wherever possible to go a step further than what is required by the regulations and in most cases, our green cleaning service is provided at no extra cost. Green cleaning protects our workers from the harmful effects of toxic chemicals.
Read our blog post with an in-depth guide to green cleaning for more details on how to implement a green cleaning strategy.
Why Green Cleaning?
As well as harsh cleaning chemicals eventually ending up in and polluting our waterways, rivers, and oceans, they are a major contributor to indoor air quality issues in closed environments; Many commercial cleaning products contain volatile organic compounds (VOCs) which can give rise to respiratory problems, eye and skin irritations, headaches, and other symptoms for people working in an enclosed indoor space. Harmful toxins can be breathed in and absorbed through the skin.
Green cleaning is much healthier for your workforce, your clients and your visitors. Introduce green cleaning into your workplace and the level of sickness absence will certainly decrease
How Does CIE Implement Green Cleaning?
We have introduced green commercial cleaning procedures in 3 main areas:
Use of Products
- We use non-toxic and biodegradable products that are certified to be as effective as other products
- Wherever possible we use fragrance-free and low Volatile Organic Compound (VOC) products
- We colour code microfibre cleaning cloths to avoid cross-contamination
- We use products that contain no known carcinogens
- Our carefully organised dilution control systems minimise the amount of waste flushed away into the sewers system.
- Recyclable paper products for toilets and kitchens
- Promoting our paperless contact, contract proposal and invoicing systems
Use of Plastics
- We avoid single-use plastic products like ready to use trigger sprays
- We buy cleaning products in bulk in soluble tablet form, make them up with water and distribute them to reusable spray bottles
- Empty and reuse plastic bin liners that contain dry waste
- We forward your business refuse for recycling wherever possible
- Use of 100% post-consumer recycled janitorial utility and mop buckets
Use of Green Cleaning Technology
Where it is appropriate we use technology to minimise the use of chemicals:
- Using Ultraviolet (UV) light for sanitising and disinfecting. UV light is chemical-free and odourless and sanitises against viruses, bacteria, mould, and dust mites.
- Chemical-free hot water steam cleaners for carpets, upholstery, and soft furnishings
- Use of 4-stage HEPA filter vacuums.
- Mist and fog deep cleaning techniques.
Greener Cleaning with the Same High Standards
If you are thinking environmentally friendly cleaning means lower standards of sanitation and cleanliness you couldn’t be further from the truth. Many of the greener commercial cleaning methods listed above actually produce higher standards of cleanliness. For example, a UV cleaning wand will root out bacteria lodged between the keys on your keyboard without ever needing to physically touch it.
Extra HEPA vacuuming filtration reduces the levels of harmful breathable particles in the air The Microfilters have a 99.99% efficiency rating when it comes to dealing with pollen, dust, mould and the majority of bacteria particles right down to down to 0.1 microns.
The Benefits of Green Cleaning Adoption
- Boosts employee Health and Safety and reduces absence due to sickness
- Compliance with Government Regulations
- Corporate Responsibility – responsible business practices
- Preparing for carbon footprint reporting
- Demonstrating a desire to help the environment and concern for the world in which you do business
Book a Free Green Cleaning Workplace Assessment
If you are interested in reducing the health risks and environmental damage associated with traditional cleaning products and systems, contact CIE for a workplace assessment. We will form an understanding of your commercial cleaning needs and provide you with a green cleaning plan and quote for our environmentally friendly cleaning services.
Read our related green cleaning blog post and green cleaning guide.